As we move into our third and final term of the year, many sporting activities and competitions will be drawing to a close. Once again St. Paul’s have been involved in several regional and Munster schools and colleges competitions for the school year 2012/2013 with varying levels of success. Reports and results of these competitions are published on our school “News and Photos” link on this website and are also submitted to our local newspapers, the Waterford News and Star and the Munster Express, where we have our own section of the newspaper where our school news is published.
Below are photos taken from some of this years competitions and activities including hurling (SE Cup Winners), boxing (Billy walsh’s visit), school chess club, music competition winner Kieran Joy, school darts club, school mini-company and the school visit to the Ploughing Championship. See full reports on our news and photos page.
St. Pauls Community College Waterford – TG4 TV National “Thar an Trasnán” Hurling Competition Winners
St. Pauls Community College Waterford won out the TG4 “Thar an Trasnán” national television competition by beating a Galway school team in the final held in Thurles last May.Watch the highlights here.
It features members of our victorious Rice Cup senior hurling team (2008) who are competing in the semi-fnals of the Corn Phádraig Munster Championship this month.
Extra Curricular Activities – Imeachtí Scoile
- Each year teams from the school participate in a wide range of sporting activities, including soccer, Gaelic football, hurling, camogie, chess, darts, athletics and fishing.
- A European school tour is offered each year to students in second year and on a two-year basis to students in fifth year
- Téann daltaí ón scoil ar turas bliantiúil go dtí Gaeltacht Chiarraí ar feadh deireadh seachtaine
- A school musical is produced on alternate years
- Lunchtime clubs are available to students
- A recycling campaign operates in the school
- Cultural activities, including visits to theatres and museums are arranged for students
- Annual retreats are held for senior students while religious celebrations for all students are held at various times over the school year
- Students participate in a wide range of local and national competitions, e.g. Young Engineer, Environmental and Enterprise competitions
- Glacann daltaí na Scoile páirt ghníomhach in imeachtaí éagsúla a bhaineann leis an gcultúr gaelach; mar shampla céilithe Scoile, diospóireachtaí, comórtaisí cainte, tráthanna ceisteanna agus seachtain na Gaeilge
- There are annual fundraising activities organised. These may be for the school, for the local community, or for people in third world countries
- An annual prize night is held to celebrate student achievements in examinations as well as in sporting and cultural activities